[Pmwiki-users] Overriding diff time . . .

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 31 08:28:18 CST 2005

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 10:07:11AM -0600, Benjamin Wilson wrote:
> How would I go about overriding the edit time?
>
> What I'm trying to do is get "pmwe" working with pmwiki-v2. I can edit a
> page *once*. Every other time, I am given an annoying response about how
> my version and the posted one have differences, and that these
> differences need to be reconciled--even though there are no differences.
>
> So, if I can override this behavior, I can get pmwe to work.

Just don't send back a 'basetime' parameter when pmwe posts the
page back.  If there's no 'basetime' parameter submitted, PmWiki
doesn't do conflict checking.

Internally, PmWiki checks to see if there have been any edits saved
since the value of 'basetime' -- if there are then you get the conflict
message.  So if you repeatedly post with the same 'basetime' parameter
then you'll get conflicts on the second and subsequent posts.