[pmwiki-users] create a shortcut markup string

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 31 17:10:49 CST 2005

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 02:29:23PM -0800, Menachem Shapiro wrote:
> I am trying to create a custom markup for a block pattern:
> Basically, I want %block color=red%  to be represented by %RED%
>
> I tried to follow the instruction given in
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/CustomMarkup, but I must be doing
> something wrong.

There's an easier way to do this.  Just add the following to config.php:

   $WikiStyles['RED']['apply'] = 'block';
   $WikiStyles['RED']['color'] = 'red';

and then %RED% will be the same as %block color=red%.

You can also define it within the page itself by using:

   %block color=red define=RED%

This is a good candidate for placement in a GroupHeader page, too.