[pmwiki-users] Is there a way to redirect to an external url?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jul 1 12:11:40 CDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 11:39:06AM -0500, Chris Cox wrote:
> I know about the (:redirect Page:) directive... but I can't get it
> to work.. at least not with an external URL.  Anyone done this?

By default PmWiki doesn't support redirection to an external URL
because of the potential for site spoofing -- i.e., where a malicious
page author causes a page to redirect to some undesirable external site
or a spoofed page.

Redirecting within a PmWiki site is considered relatively safe.  :-)

However, it wouldn't be all that hard to add as a recipe if it's
really needed.  Overall I think that rather than have a generic
"redirect to any arbitrary url" mechanism it's better for the wiki
admin to somehow restrict the allowed redirection to a specific set
of urls.