[pmwiki-users] Passwords

Henrik Bechmann henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 2 15:00:35 CDT 2005

In the (no doubt) really really stupid question department:

I've set up a wikifarm on my site (www.dufferinpark.ca), with one
"field" so far. I've created a template, and so far so good, actually
quite elegant.

Now, in farmconfig.php I have the line

$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = "a";

Sure enough, when I try to edit a page, I am challenged for a password.
I enter "a", but the password is not accepted.

I have removed all other passwords anywhere in the system, so I believe
there are no over-rides.

When I change the line to

$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = '';

sure enough I am not challenged for a password, so the sytsem is listening.

I've tried single and double quotes, long and short passwords. I can't
get past the password challenge when the password is set, for some reason.

What gives?

Thanks,

- Henrik

--