[pmwiki-users] Re: include text from another wiki?

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Jul 7 16:50:42 CDT 2005

On 8 Jul 2005, John Rankin wrote:

> Given that pmwiki can translate wiki markups other than
> PmWiki markup, is the following possible? If so, how
> might one do it:
>
>     (:wikipedia PageName:)
>
> This would return the text of PageName from wikipedia,
> with the markup translated into xhtml.

All I know is that in PhP you can do a file open with a URI as argument?
So maybe it's simply of opening a suitable URI that gives you the source
of the wiki page. However, what about performance? Wouldn't you need
cacheing together with this somehow?  (For simplicity, I'd suggest a
separate action to refresh the cahce).

> I know that wikipedia supports an action to return raw
> wiki page text, it's just a matter of dealing with it.

*sigh* - wonder when I'll learn to read the whole post before starting to
answer.

/Christian