[pmwiki-users] Re: Cudos and Cookbook.Functions (Was: variables for customization)

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Fri Jul 8 13:40:16 CDT 2005

chr at home.se wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> I really like Joachims original thought that Cookbook.Functions is
> supposed to give a ''brief'' overview of functions that might be useful to
> administrators and recipe writers.

Just for the record: that's somebody else's thought.

My recommendation would be to stick with that policy. Those functions
that need more text than, say, two hundred words or something should
have the full description moved to a separate page.

> It would however be good to use (:include ...:) to include excerpts from
> whereever the functions are properly described, thus placing the brief
> descriptions in Cookbook.Functions.

Hmm... I dimly recall there was a way to automatically extract the first
few lines (words? sentences?) using (:include:). Might be a good way to
automatically generate Cookbook.Functions.

Regards,
Jo