[pmwiki-users] Page-wide "Prevent Formatting"

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Sun Jul 10 13:37:41 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 01:20:16PM -0400, DaveG wrote:
>

>>I have some pages where certain abbreviations are very common. Putting
>>[= xxx =] tags around every occurence is more than tedious :)
>>
>>Is there a way to make the "Prevent Formatting" ([= xxx =]) tags apply
>>to all instances of the specified text within a page?
>>

>Well, first note that `WikiWord is often an easier alternative to
>writing [=WikiWord=].

Well that I didn't know -- certainly easier to apply than [= xxx =]

>Beyond that, individual wikiwords can be disabled by the site administrator
>by using
>
>   $WikiWordCount['WikiWord'] = 0;

I use this for words on a site level basis. But it's tough to predict
what wil turn up on a page level basis.

>There's been discussion here about providing a directive that could
>disable specific wikiwords within a page, but I haven't found a good
>name for it yet.

Not sure of the meaning of directive (like %date% for example?) -- does
it need to be a word or could we simply use a double `, as in
``WikiWord. If we need a word how about NotWiki?