[pmwiki-users] FmtPageName

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jul 11 03:02:35 CDT 2005

Monday, July 11, 2005, 8:10:34 AM, Patrick wrote:
> At the moment, $Title, $LastModified, $LastModifiedBy, and
> $LastModifiedHost can only work if the page's attributes have been
> loaded and cached using the PCache function.   So, to get
> at these values one must typically do:

>    $page = ReadPage($pagename);
>    PCache($pagename, $page);
>    $pvar = FmtPageName('$Title', $pagename);
>    $pvar = FmtPageName('$LastModifiedBy', $pagename);

thank you, this works very nicely! But i will heed your remark about
overhead of extra page loading and use a switch to turn on $Title, or
not, using a style attribute instead.

Re: Documenting FmtPageName:
your explanations helped as usual, and made me aware that there is
still a lot more to this function. I wish any documentation of it will
explain the use of it, with examples, for recipe or skin authors.

Best,
~Hans