[pmwiki-users] variables for customization

V.Krishn mistyfire at autograf.pl
Tue Jul 12 13:32:42 CDT 2005

On Thursday 07 July 2005 20:50, pmichaud at pobox.com:
> > >1.  Things like "{$Group}" and "{$LastModified}" are *markup*.
> > >    You can call them "variables" or "markup variables" if it pleases
> > >    you, but they don't really exist as variables anywhere in the
> > >    PmWiki code, nor is there an enforced correspondence between them
> > >    and any PHP variable.
> >
> > My suggestion is to establish such a correspondence.
>
> Sorry, won't go there -- I fear it might be a bad idea from a
> security perspective.  Establishing this correspondence means that
> a (malicious) author can use markup to inspect the value of global
> variables.
hmmmm..... in my recipe I had introduced a file version.php having code:
Pm could you please guide me if this is ok :

global $InfoBoxVersion;
$InfoBoxVersion = "infobox-2.0.3";
Markup('{$InfoBoxVersion}','>{$fmt}','/{\\$(InfoBoxVersion)}/e',"\$GLOBALS['$1']");

OR should I use :
define('InfoBoxVersion', '2.0.3');

V.Krishn