[pmwiki-users] global overview of passwords/authorizations

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jul 20 17:20:43 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 03:04:01PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> A more compact pagelist results page might look like
>
> [Group.Page] [attributes] [date]
>
> where [attributes] shows which attributes are explicitly set for the
> page ("r" for read, "e" for edit, etc.).  A page with only an edit
> password would have something like -e--.

Hmmm.  I like it, but it seems backwards to the Unix convention,
which is that the letters appear when someone can perform an
acction as opposed to when the action is restricted somehow.

And I understand that what you're proposing is intended to be
compact, but I think a viewer also needs a quick mechanism to
see if a page is being protected by a group or site password, or
if the page explicitly unsets the password (e.g., using "nopass").
So, perhaps we need some indications for those states as well.