[pmwiki-users] Re: index.php

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Wed Jul 20 19:46:52 CDT 2005

At 2005-07-20  06:17 PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 04:25:36PM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> > 3) I use index.php as the "field invoker script" which allows the short
> URL
> > above to work if you declare index.php in a DirectoryIndex directive.
>
>Oh, this brings up another question ---
>
>I've been thinking about adding an "index.php" file into the distribution--
>is this a good idea or a bad one?

It is an interesting idea, and my initial response was to say yes, it
should be added.

But in my case, the PmWiki farm code sits in a vhost that does not have a
field. Right now I just prevent serving of pmwiki.php. Adding index.php
would create another file I would have to protect from serving (or remove).

All of my index.php files actually exist in the fields, and point to the farm.

So my final vote would be no, but sample-index.php would probably be a good
idea and would be a chance to remind people not to rename pmwiki.php.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668