[pmwiki-users] Search field in farm only

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jul 21 10:17:37 CDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 03:20:37PM +0100, K.A.Bouton wrote:
> How do I include a :searchbox: in a template that searches all groups in one
> field when there is more than one group in a field

The default is to always search all groups in a field.

At the moment, the scope of a search can't be controlled by the
(:searchbox:) directive itself -- it has to be controlled by
the (:searchresults:) directive in the Site.Search page (or by
a local configuration -- ask if you want details about this).

The (:searchresults:) directive provides a "list=normal" option,
which by default excludes the PmWiki group, the Site group,
and pages such as RecentChanges, GroupHeader, GroupAttributes, etc.
So, perhaps changing Site.Search to have

   (:searchresults list=normal:)

will give you what you want.  The default is list=all, which displays
all pages matching the desired criteria.