[pmwiki-users] Beta 50: SideBar breaks layout and shows error message

Daniel Friedmann list at linuxing.de
Thu Jul 21 11:21:35 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> I suspect the problem is the {$Version} markup.  I tested this
> particular markup sequence on pmwiki.org and it seems to work fine,
> so there's something else going on here.
>
> Can you reinstall beta50 again and try the sidebar without the
> {$Version} markup and see if you still get the errors?  If so,
> that tells us there's something specific to that markup rule
> that needs to be examined.

Unfortunately, I can't access my page with FTP right now, but I've
already tested what you suggest: I removed that line containing
{$Version} and clicked on Preview but the version still wasn't shown.
Unless there's a difference between Preview and Save, you'll probably
have to examine that markup rule.
I'm going to verify it using beta 50 some time later...

Regards
Daniel