[pmwiki-users] Div Markup for Preformatted Text

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jul 22 13:02:40 CDT 2005

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 03:48:29PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> Does the new (:div:) markup provide a way to display a preformatted
> text box with *only* the preformatted text inside?  By that, I mean
> without
> * leading or trailing lines (so it looks nice), or
> * leading or trailing spaces (for accurate copy & pasting).

At the moment I think that (:div:) still results in at least a
leading/trailing line or space.  Arguably this isn't the most
desirable thing, so I'll see if I can come up with a better
answer.

Ultimately I suspect that a preformatted text shortcut could be

   >>pre<<
   Here's my preformatted text
   More preformatted text
   >><<

with the downside that it couldn't be nested in a (:table:) or (:div:).
Of course, the space+[=...=] is still available for that.