[pmwiki-users] AllGroupHeader causes extra vertical space

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Jul 24 18:13:55 CDT 2005

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 11:13:41PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> The problem with this is that (:nl:) causes empty vertical space at the
> beginning and end of pages...
> Is (:nl:) really needed?
> What is its purpose?  (I know it creates a new line of course:-)

(:nl:) adds a newline only if there isn't one already there.
Thus,

    (:include Group.SomePage)(:nl:)This is some text

will add a newline only if Group.SomePage doesn't end with a newline.
This is so that we can be sure that "This is some text" appears
at the beginning of a line, without adding an extra (blank) line
when it's not needed.