[pmwiki-users] How to indent first line of a paragraph only?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jul 25 11:56:42 CDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 05:47:26PM +0200, Robert Riebisch wrote:
> I need -< reversed. ;-) First line indented but following lines not.
> Just like in books. Is that possible? (How needs the hanging indent
> currently made with -< ?)

There are lots of ways to do this; but one of the simplest is to
use a wikistyle.  For example, define an "in" style with:

    %define=in padding-left=40px%

and then put %in% in front of any paragraph that needs its first
line indented:

    %in% Here is a paragraph with its its first text line indented.
    Later lines are at the normal margin.

It can also be done with some custom CSS settings or custom markup,
and a site administrator can predefine the %in% wikistyle in
the local config.php file.  Let me know if you're interested in
any of these.

Lastly, if we can come up with a good markup for "paragraph indent"
I'm not opposed to adding it to the distribution.