Pmwiki Documentation (was) Re: [pmwiki-users] %comment% problem

V.Krishn mistyfire at autograf.pl
Tue Jul 26 16:45:35 CDT 2005

> On Wednesday 27 July 2005 02:04, pmichaud at pobox.com wrote:
>
> We're already at the point where I don't believe there will be any more
> significantly dynamic changes associated with being in beta.  From
> my perspective, the primary thing holding up the 2.0 release is the
> documentation.
>
> > Secondly, how bright is the idea of having a seperate "field" devoted to
> > pmwiki "api"?
>
> I'm not sure a separate wikigroup (or field) is needed for this -- I
> think that such docs could easily live within the existing PmWiki group.
> Certainly the api docs will want to reference the documentation pages
> at times, and perhaps vice-versa.
Yes, this would happen often.
I guess we could just start off the documentation process by cleaning off the
pages first. I mean the lengthy discussions and non relevant portions from
the pages.

Once the pages are clean, we start updating and including cross-links to
similar pages.

Show some kinds of indicator for audience type the page is meant for.

Start categorizing them.

Then would come the process of including
Remarks,Advice,Suggestions,Disambiguation notes as small boxes.

We could come up of some standard class definitions eg. like the one %pm%
does, that would be used consistently to make the look of the pages similar.

> Pm
V.Krishn