[pmwiki-users] SearchExtensions

K.A.Bouton k.a.bouton at reading.ac.uk
Wed Jul 27 08:57:34 CDT 2005

> I have made the code more like the current pmwiki pagelist.php code.
> The old code was possibly creating incorrect search box code in a site
> using a wiki farm.
>
> Try downloading the latest version of search2.php from the
> Cookbook.SearchExtensions and see if that makes a difference.

Done - and no it doesn't seem to make a difference unfortunately.
In fact seems worse :)

Here is the url
http://www.cgam.nerc.ac.uk/pmwiki/NMM

This is one field in a farm
This field has three groups within it
1) downloaded latest search2.php (again, you should maybe add a version
number somewhere in there
2) added $SearchTagFmt to template
3) Added 'Page $ActDescription on' to template
4) farm/field/local/config.php file

<?php
$DefaultName = 	"HomePage";
$DefaultPage = 	"Main.HomePage";
$WikiTitle 	= 	"Numerical Model Metadata Wiki";
// conditional expanding sidebar windows based on group
$Conditions['group'] 	=
"FmtPageName('\$Group',\$pagename)==\$condparm";
$Skin		=	"nmmEvolver"; 		// nmmEvolver local version
of the evolver skin
$LogoTagline = 	"NMM XML";			// The tagline below the
logo in nmmEvolver
$EnableMailPosts	=	1;                   # enable mailposts if
it is NOT checked as a minor edit
$MailPostsTo			=	"k.a.bouton at rdg.ac.uk";  # where to
send mail
$MailPostsDelay			=	360;                 # wait  after
initial post
$MailPostsSquelch		=	360;               # require
between mails
$MailPostsFrom			=	"NMM Wiki Server
<k.a.bouton at rdg.ac.uk>";   # who mail is sent from
$MailPostsItemFmt 		=	" * [[\$FullName]]...\$CurrentTime
by \$AuthorLink (\$LastModifiedHost) \$ChangeSummary\n  \$PageUrl";
$EnableDiag = 1;                         # enable remote diagnostics
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/search2.php");			// include
extended search
?>

I have enabled diagnostics

> >From the message, it appears you have a farm-based set-up.
> Do you also have a non-farm based installation and does the
> problem also occur in that environment?
Nope

> >B) in the searchbox on SearchQuickReference I enter Main/test I get
> >just the results from Group Main - which is good.
Still true

> >C) If I enter 'test' again in SearchQuickReference I get Warning:
> >preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Unknown modifier 't' in
> >/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 974  repeated about 30 times in
> the sidebar and in the main window.
Still true

> >D) If I hit the back button, then select a link from one of the
> >results, I get the error msg again as above.
No longer true but if I select one of the found files I get the above errors

> >2. If I go to Field/ and enter test in sidebar I get a page
> that wants to be created as Field/Main/index.php/Group/Name which of
course
> >doesn't exist?
> I think the change I made might fix this -- we can but try it and see.
Seems fixed

> But first, let's get it working correctly!

Curious if this is worth our effort if action=search is to be implemented
which will do what I want - ie just get the search results returned within
the field it was searching

Anyway - willing until then
Katherine