[pmwiki-users] Nesting elements (Was: Numbered lists ...)

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Wed Jul 27 10:31:58 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 10:22:07AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 01:52:43PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> > What if we introduced a "null"-directive? Something that breaks the
> > function that swallows lines so to speak. It'd look like this
> >
> > 	%center%  This text is centered
> > 	(:null:)
> > 	%right% This text is right aligned
>
> Hmmm, we already have a (:null:), except it's called (:comment:).
> If we combine this with the idea that "only truly blank lines produce
> vertical whitespace" then it's at least a workaround:
>
>     %center% This text is centered
>     (:comment:)
>     %right% This text is right algned

Er, I was just fiddling with beta51 and the above doesn't quite work.
You need a whitespace character after "comment" for it to work
properly.  i.e.,

     %center% This text is centered
     (:comment :)
     %right% This text is right aligned

renders correctly while the other does not.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff at pobox.com