[pmwiki-users] improved markup for floating images...?

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Wed Jul 27 11:20:03 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 10:20:05AM +0100, Ed W wrote:
>

>>I like the use of the style stuff to indicate how to style the image.
>>However, I'm not totally happy with the captioning syntax.  I'm not sure
>>I could give that to my wife to have her update our business website and
>>for her not to be confused.
>>

>Actually, I think I may have found the answer.  But first, a question...
>assuming that you can choose *any* character sequence you'd like to
>separate a caption from the image preceeding it, what would it be?
>Or, what would your wife like it to be?  ;-)

I think it depends on the rest of the system of course.  ie make it
internally consistant.

Generally I also use media wiki and like the syntax and they tend to go
for a "|" every time they need a seperator, so that immediately springs
to mind, but I would need to think a little about what is best for PM.

Does that help?

Thanks

Ed W