[pmwiki-users] improved markup for floating images...?

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Jul 28 10:23:45 CDT 2005

> Not being immersed in "crunchy Unix goodness" (TM), I do not associate
> the "pipe" character with anything in particular. For me (and I
> propose, for most non-unix authors) a caption would be more naturally
> denoted by inclusion within brackets or braces as in: %frame%
> Attach:image.jpg {caption}
>
> Note that this looks very much like Ed's suggestion, but uses
> characters that non-unix-folk associate with parenthetical remarks.

Again, I might be biased, but I prefer the | character because it seems
to be used a lot in other wiki systems for a seperator, hence feels
consistent to me.

I guess PM wiki doesn't have a particularly standard seperator character
in it's syntax?  Perhaps the ":" is more common if anything?  I am not
sure if the colon is allowed in filenames on most file systems so it'a
also a candidate

The brackets I think that whilst rare, could be used in the caption itself?

Ed W