[pmwiki-users] Spelling in basic release?

Theron Parlin tparlin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:38:03 CDT 2005

My guess, and I'm only speaking from someone who has implemented a
spellcheck feature for wordpress, is that you usually end up having to
create something that works on top of a unix based program like aspell (or
some variation). Not everyone who installs pmwiki will have whatever backend
program is chosen.

I ended up going with a CGI based service from
spellchecker.com<http://spellchecker.com>.
It was easy to integrate and didn't have any server-side requirements. You
might want to give this a try...

-Theron

Theron Parlin, Editor and Columnist, tparlin at thoughtmechanics.com --
Subjective Opinions on Political News -- http://www.thoughtmechanics.com