[pmwiki-users] Re: Spell checking in PmWiki

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 19:55:22 CDT 2005

On 7/28/05, John W Morris <johnwmorris at peak.org> wrote:

> Hagan;
>
> Thanks for the pointer on the Spellbound.   It works fine and IMHO is a
> better solution than putting spell checkers in every program you access that
> has an edit window.  It also has the benefit of giving me a common
> dictionary  across multile "edit windows".   Great idea!
> http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/

It's a must-have extension, and yet another reason to use Firefox --
not that there weren't enough reasons already.  :-)

One caveat: Your dictionary gets nuked whenever you upgrade Firefox.
That's not all that inconvenient, though.

> Why take on the burden when you don't need to.  IMHO again... this sort of
> option should be mentioned in our Pmwiki.org listing where other spell check
> programs/scripts are located/mentioned so someone like me would know there
> is another option.   An easy one!

Actually I discovered Spellbound by reading a note by John Herber on a
PITS page on pmwiki.org.  John, if you're reading this, thanks!

Hagan