[pmwiki-users] SearchExtensions

K A Bouton k.a.bouton at reading.ac.uk
Fri Jul 29 03:02:51 CDT 2005

>>Above the searchbox created by SearchTagFmt ii a label/link 'Search Wiki'
> >which, when clicked, goes to Site/Search and goes outside the field - ie
the
> >field sidebar is gone, unlike with other searches to a search form with
> >Site/ filled in
> >Shouldn't it go to a field specific search page if available with Main/
> >filled in?
>
> I'm not sure I'm following this one...
>
> >From here
> http://www.cgam.nerc.ac.uk/pmwiki/NMM/
> if I click in the sidebar on 'Practice here' it takes me to
> http://www.cgam.nerc.ac.uk/pmwiki/NMM/index.php/Site/TestPage

yes cause this is a shared public test page open to all fields - that way I
can keep an eye on one page of spammers

> If I click on SearchWiki, it takes me to
> http://www.cgam.nerc.ac.uk/pmwiki/NMM/index.php/Site/Search
>
> So both links take me to the same group.

True

> Well, one could argue that the Search Wiki link is otiose
> and just remove it.
true

> But I might have misunderstood your question...
> Where /exactly/ do you think clicking on Search Wiki ought
> to take you?

Just thought that clicking on SearchWiki should present the search page
'wrapped' within the field - that is have the field's sidebar just as it
does when a search is conducted?