[pmwiki-users] Links to files on a network share not working inboth IE and Firefox

Crisp, Steve [UK] SCRISP at ngms.eu.com
Sun Jul 31 14:10:55 CDT 2005

Christophe,

Thanks for your reply.  To answer your question, no it does not load if I enter it in the URL - this is the problem.  What works in Mozilla/Firefox is "file:///machine_name/directory_path/myfile.doc <file:///machine_name/directory_path/myfile.doc> " i.e. three slashes then the path.

I agree this is strictly not a problem with pmwiki however pmwiki's strongest point is it's support for multiple browsers.  To do this it has to present html/css et. al. in different ways to make things work so well.

I wonder if someone much cleverer than me can work out how to support what I would have thought would be a much used facility.

-Steve.