[pmwiki-users] [= =] question

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jul 31 14:33:10 CDT 2005

Sunday, July 31, 2005, 2:34:49 PM, Patrick wrote:
> There's not a good mechanism for nested [=...=] at the moment.
> Sometimes you can use [@...@].

Okay, some experimentation revealed this solution:

To display a paragraph of code which contains nested [=...=]
you can do it the "normal" way by enclosing it with [= =], leaving
a space before the opening [=, and follow every instance of a
closing =] with =][=
so you write

 [=
code text goes here
including nested [= code =]=][=
=]

after the opening [= the second [= will b eignored, but the following
=] indicates the end, so we need to follow it with another =] and
follow that with another opening [=, if you follow me. :) works!
Example on this page:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00482

Wonder where to document this trick?

Best,