[pmwiki-users] HTML -Wiki correspondense in search engines

John W Morris johnwmorris at peak.org
Wed Jun 1 12:19:51 CDT 2005

In standard HTML we can put meta tags and such for search engines to key on for each page if we want.

How do search engines react to Wiki sites?  Wiki pages are created on the fly so there are not "really there" for the search engine to follow a set of normal links to index the site.  Also... the pages contain history that is not generally germane to what is on the displayed page,

The goal is to get a Wiki site to be represented in search engines as well as a standard pure static HTML site would be.

I've poked around with the Wiki search engine but it is not clear. Referencs to serach robots and how to allow or disallow them doesn't  really explain the results of their actions.  Help Please? in understanding this aspect of wiki-dom.

One answer I understand would be to insert a meta tag in the html template but is this the best way to get represented in the search engine.

John Morris