[pmwiki-users] off-topic: Behaviour of non-existiant home page (was: Nested groups)

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Jun 2 15:06:40 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I had my thoughts drifting and had a flash of inspiration about nested
> group hierarchies that I'd like to share. (That particular inspiration
> may be helpful or not, I don't know - I still don't have a good grasp of
> the issues involved, I can only guess what the problems were.)

This is slightly related to Joachims post. I was just talking to my
girlfriend and was trying to direct her over the phone to a wiki page I'd
created. As an example, I was trying to get her to go to this page

	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test1/NewPage

It is however relevant that she had earlier been at this page

	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test1/SomePage

so what she was actually doing was going to this URI

	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test1

which of course reported an error... From the description I got from her
it seemed her network was down or something. She said: "...couldn't find
the page..."

She was however expecting to see a list of pages in the group test...

So.. maybe

 	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test1

should actually list all pages in the group by default?  (This would be in
addition to offering to create the group home page)

/Christian