[pmwiki-users] Re: wiki farm vs individual programs

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Jun 2 22:30:12 CDT 2005

At 2005-06-02  10:03 PM -0500, Jon Haupt is rumored to have said:
>I've been messing around with both of these ideas - at this point I have 4
>separate installs, and am ready to figure out how to meld them into a
>farm.  Everything in the documentation appears to work EXCEPT for the page
>on FarmSecurity - I have put the pmwiki.php, etc., in a directory that is
>inaccessible to browsers, as recommended, and the only part I am having
>trouble with is:

Jon

I too had trouble getting my farm to work, but that was primarily due to
the fact that several of my fields are in protected realms. In any case, I
documented the setup that worked for me here:

http://neil.eton.ca/wiki/index.php/Main/MyWikiFarm

I do not use symlinks, but I do use Apache access control which can be
either in httpd.conf  (what I use) or in local .htaccess. My method may
work for you. Good luck!

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/