[pmwiki-users] Style annoyance

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jun 3 07:59:22 CDT 2005

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 09:00:04AM +0200, Dominique Faure wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just found an annoying behavior when mixing styles and GroupHeader pages.
> If my page starts with:
> ===8<---
> %right% Right aligned text.
> ===8<---
>
> and if I have a GroupHeader page in related group containing some text
> (even only directives), the style definition doesn't apply at all.
> If I end GroupHeader page content with several empty lines, it works, but
> with empty lines.
> If I end GroupHeader page content with a \\, the style applies and embeds
> GroupHeader last block of text.
>
> Could I have some lights on this please?

Well, in order for %right% (or other block markups) to work it has to
appear on the first line of the block, and the stuff that appears
in the GroupHeader looks to PmWiki like a paragraph.

We might also need a utility markup or something that forces any existing
block to end.

If/when I fix the markup rules so that directives at the beginning of
the page don't result in "paragraph-like-structures" it may also
fix things.

> BTW: I've updated the Monobook skin correcting things I forgot to put
> previously (?action=print). You may update pmwiki.org if you wish (sorry
> for the inconvenience).

No problem -- will do that later today.