[pmwiki-users] Adding pages, removing groups

zgrauer at earthlink.net zgrauer at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 5 16:26:25 CDT 2005

1. For those who are interested, I wrote a simple page instructing new users how to add new pages and new groups to a wiki site.

The link is www.freechem.org/test1/pmwiki/index.php?n=PmWiki.AddingNewPages

It is meant for someone who wants to contribute content without learning anything about using a wiki, INCLUDING the simple markups.

Your comments, corrections and suggestions would be appreciated.

I am sure there might be better ways to do this, including the (:newpage:) directive, when it becomes operational.

2. While testing the above mentioned page, I noticed that while adding a new group is easy - just add newgroup.newpage - and deleting a page is easy, removing a GROUP is not. That is, because when you add a newpage to a group and save it, a Recent Changes page is created as well, so the group persists.

Is there a quick and easy way to remove a group, other than deleting manually each page, without having to use command line rm newgroup*?

Zvi.