[pmwiki-users] full page post processing markup?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 9 12:50:35 CDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 03:29:40PM -0700, dan mcmullen wrote:
> am i correct to think that after the 'split' markup, subsequent markups
> only process one line of the page text at a time?  is there any way to
> process the full page text after the page is otherwise completely marked
> up, but before it is merged into the skin?

Yes, it can be done, but it's not super-easy at the moment.  It basically
involves adding an entry to $MarkupFrameBase['posteval'] that is executed
after all of the lines are merged back together.

I've also been playing with the idea of adding a 'join' markup entry near
the end of the sequence, so that any markups processed after 'join' are
once again performed on the entire text.  But I haven't had a need for it
yet so I haven't pursued it (PmWikiPhilosophy #3).