[pmwiki-users] compare revisions down to single letters

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Thu Jun 9 16:40:37 CDT 2005

> On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 10:27:30PM +0200, Stephan Schildberg wrote:
>
>>do you know a way how to compare two revisions by the resolution down to
>>single letters?

There's a relatively simple (but unelegant) way to do this:

Run the two texts through a simple script that puts each letter on its
own line, then feed the results through Unix diff.
The results won't be very useful: diff will report that the I on line 1
was moved to line 32, etc. - you may be better off doing a word-by-word
comparison. AFAIK this already has been done - try googling for
"worddiff" (maybe "word diff").

Regards,
Jo