Name for "utility" group variable (Was: [pmwiki-users] Problem withURLapprove)

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Mon Jun 13 17:05:27 CDT 2005

At 2005-06-13  11:43 PM +0200, chr at home.se is rumored to have said:
>What pages are we talking about here? I can think of these at least:
>
>         $???.AllRecentChanges
>         $???.AllRecentUploads
>         $???.SearchWiki
>         $???.SideBar
>         $???.PageNotFound
>
>What others pages are there?
>
>If the pages are mainly 'utility' pages, I guess $UtilGroup could be a
>candidate.

         $???.MenuControl  (as in RightBar, PageFooter, etc.)
         $???.CookBookControl  (as required by recipes)

If I understand this correctly (and the odds are I do not ...) then if I
used a group called PmWikiAdmin to hold these pages, there would be a
variable called something like $UtilGroup which would contain the name
"PmWikiAdmin" used to prefix the page names as in:
PmWikiAdmin.AllRecentChanges.

Other possible variable names: $CommonGroup, $SharedGroup

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668