[pmwiki-users] Utility pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jun 15 12:07:49 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 12:59:08PM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> However, it begs the question: If someone doesn't want to identify the site
> as a PmWiki implementation, what do they do with the PmWiki group (remove
> all links I suppose) or directories named wiki.d/ (use Mod Rewrite ...) or
> pages such as SearchWiki or WikiSandbox?

Well, there aren't many links into the PmWiki group from outside that group
-- I suspect the only ones are in Main.HomePage, Main.SideBar, and
Main.WikiSandbox, and I'd expect the first two of these to be customized
anyway.

The wiki.d/ directory isn't generally seen by the outside world,
so I wouldn't be too worried about that.

And perhaps this is a good time for us to change "SearchWiki" to
either just "Search" or "SearchResults" (I think I prefer the
former).

> Just curious - not raising it as an objection. Might make an interesting
> cookbook recipe: "How to disguise PmWiki as a standard website".

Yup -- somewhere close to the CleanUrls recipe.