[pmwiki-users] Utility pages

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Wed Jun 15 15:01:10 CDT 2005

At 03:01 PM 6/15/2005, Pm wrote:

>(On a somewhat humorous note -- this topic reminds me of the time when
>discussing C data types in class and one of my students remarked that
>"file" was just a word that didn't really mean anything outside
>of computer programming languages... :-)
aw, c'mon, that's a broken analogy. File is in fact one of the most basic
paper document storage structures in real life. On the other hand, Main
Street means the most important or most used street, same as main door,
etc. Even if historically it could be the first street in a town, only in
very small towns (highway outcroppings) is Main Street the first street
reached when coming from outside. And that's again, not due to its being
the first, but due to it's being the most used one, in some cases the blood
of the town.

Though you're right that historically, Main might well be the first group
available, few sites are there to record their own histories. Sites are
ways to organize knowledge as data, and if we are to judge by pmwiki.org
and my own test wiki, the main knowledge is not in the utility group.

Anyway, you asked for comments, and I provided mine :)

Good luck with your choice.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)