[pmwiki-users] Re: Utility pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jun 15 20:53:06 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 05:02:55PM -0400, Radu wrote:
> Since we're discussing names and variables, can we have $HomePage too? It
> recently seemed funny to see:

Well, the current equivalent of $HomePage is $DefaultName.

> I suppose this was discussed already; would it get too complicated to get
> HomePage to be a variable too, so I could say
>
> my.site.net/something/FieldOne/Pages/General (ex-HomePage)
> my.site.net/something/FieldOne/Pages/Search
> my.site.net/something/else/FieldTwo/Elements/Intro (ex-HomePage)
> ...and probably...
> my.site.net/Editable/HomePage

There are at least two options:
   - on the HomePage you can place a (:redirect:) to the appropriate
     true home page for that group
   - in local/config.php you can set the value of $pagename according
     to whatever criteria you wish, based on the URL received

I'm sure there are other possibilities that I haven't thought of yet.