[pmwiki-users] More template queries

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 04:17:39 CDT 2005

Thursday, June 16, 2005, 9:44:49 AM, Clytie wrote:
> Moving onto the SampleConfigFileLocalization document...

Hello Clytie, you would create a new page in the PmWikiVi group on
pmwiki.org with the translated name of SampleConfigFile.
The page contains a description of a sample config.php file,
so you can translate this loosely, trying to make sense to help
vietnamese wiki administrators to undersyand whya to put in the
config.php file

> The structure for translation is much less clear in this doc. In
> strings like this:

> ## Predefined local styles
> $WikiStyle['Black']['colour'] = 'black';

> 1. Do I translate all three 'words', or only the one on the RHS?

only the word Black in $WikiStyle['Black'], leave color and = 'black';
because they are used by the computer as keywords. The first 'Black'
is th eword an author will use in the page, like
   %black% this is black text%%
the black on the right could also be written as color-code:
   = #000000;

> Some blocks of strings have

> # etc.

> on the end.

etcetera

> 2. How is this useful?

this is just a page about a sample config.php file, as explained
above.

> 3. You have one partly-French English string. :)

> #  'PmWikiLc.AutresVariables','PmWikiLc.MailPosts');

The sample given is of a French config.php file.

Generally, try to translate all the text and leave the variable names
starting with $ untouched. Also leave untouched php words like
"array", and html markup tags like <h1> <small> etc.

Hope this helps a litte.

Best,
~Hans