[pmwiki-users] More template queries and UTF-8 display

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Thu Jun 16 06:26:40 CDT 2005

Thanks again Hans :)

On 16/06/2005, at 8:09 PM, Hans wrote:

> I looked at PmWikiVi and moved the translation of cookbook strings to
> a page XLPageCookbook:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiVi/XLPageCookbook

I think we're both doing things at the same time: I've created a
different page for the cookbook translation.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiVi/SáchCẩmNang

Now I have found out that I can have accented link names, even the
ones I created this evening have been updated.

This makes me think that I should ask the Debian-Women wiki admin to
update their pmwiki version: it won't use accented links.

> Patrick added the XLPage for you to translate:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiVi/XLPage

This is the one I was unsure about, because it was already there in
English in my dir. However, I've translated it already. Does it need
to keep that name?

> This page:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiVi/TapTinCauHinhVietHoa
> is supposed to be the translated SampleConfigFile I guess?
> I added the introduction notes, because they will help a future pmwiki
> administrator. But it needs translation.

It translates everything that was already on that page in English: do
I need to add more? Its link is now:

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiVi/TậpTinCấuHìnhViệtHóa

I wish one could create a page title without WordsSquashedTogether:
Vietnamese consists of many monosyllabic words used in combination,
so we have more words to squash up: with all the accents, it's
difficult to read like that. :(

For example, WordsSquashedTogether isn't too hard to read, but its
Vietnamese version:

CácTừĐượcNénChặtVớiNhau

is extremely difficult to read.

Is there any priority about the list of pages on each language's
translation status page?

How do I put Vietnamese (Việt ngữ) in the languages menubar on the
left-hand-side?

Also, if the localization of the main PmWiki site is separate, how do
I go about that?

I do hope you don't mind so many questions... ;)

btw, the UTF-8 display is working fine now: I had to delete my old
text, which wouldn't display, but all new text is perfect. Joy is
full Unicode support!

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc