[pmwiki-users] More template queries and UTF-8 display

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 16 11:04:18 CDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 03:14:08PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Thursday, June 16, 2005, 2:44:34 PM, Clytie wrote:
> > I'm sorry, Patrick, but I don't understand if I need to do anything
> > else or not. I've done the XLPageTemplate, and the other main
> > templates. Do I do anything else, to localize the main site, if you
> > would like that done?
>
> Patrick, is the page XLPageCookbook automatically used on pmwiki.org
> like XLPage? Does it need to keep its name or can it be renamed?
> In PmWikiVi there are now three versions of this, and I wonder if the
> name matters:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiVi/XLPageCookbook
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiVi/SachCamNang
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiVi/S%c3%a1chC%e1%ba%a9mNang

pmwiki.org doesn't load any of the XLPageCookbook pages, because
(outside of the Cookbook group) it doesn't use many cookbook
recipes.  In fact, it only uses BlockList, ExpireDiff, and SkinChange --
none of which require much in the way of translation.

In a larger perspective: PmWiki itself doesn't care what the pages
to be loaded by XLPage() are called, the use of "XLPage" and
"XLPageCookbook" as page names for phrase translations is just a
convention.