[pmwiki-users] sidebar not displaying UTF-8

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Fri Jun 17 06:44:07 CDT 2005

Hello everybody :)

Thanks to your help, I'm finding my way around now, and my Vietnamese
text is displaying perfectly, except for one or two places.

1. I've tried editing the name of my language in the side-bar (the
current words are a good try, but not accurate; I'm not sure they
mean anything ;) ), but the preview shows question marks instead of
accented vowels. The pages in my dir are fine, so I'm assuming
because this page is not within my dir, it won't be utf-8? Would it
be OK to have the sidebar utf-8? I've noticed one vowel in the
Romanian language is also broken there.

2. Although a lot of the interface is now translated into my
language, the sidebar isn't. How do I translate that so my language
community can understand what it does?

3. I'm not sure the utf-8 text works in anchor links. There were a
couple in the TextFormattingRules page, and although I did them in
the same way:

[[#ĐanhSáchĐịnhNghĩa]]

for example, instead of

[[#DefinitionLists]]

the preview showed the whole thing. :(

These are small things: I'm really encouraged by how well this
version of PmWiki supports Unicode, and I really appreciate the
enormous amount of work that must have gone into it to get it to this
level, and must continually go into it to make it so responsive.

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc