[pmwiki-users] PmWiki/DocumentationIndex

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Jun 18 11:13:18 CDT 2005

Saturday, June 18, 2005, 4:58:38 PM, Bronwyn wrote:
> To make finding information more manageable, try doing what I've done
> here:
> http://arndis.godsong.org/testing/PmWiki/BetterTextFormattingRules.
>  It lets people jump to the correct section.

That is working well. Could one add (:back:) markups  so one could
click a link named "back2 or  a little image, which takes one back to
where one jumped from? Usually this is Top of the page, but I mean
back as the Browser's back button. I know the browser's back button is
working very well in this regard, but I also know many users who are
not aware of this and start mousing on the scrollbar instead.

> Alternately, the page could be broken up into smaller pages.  The
> section links would then, instead of going to a page anchor, would go
> to another page.

I would love to see that done to the Cookbook page, which has become
a monster. I would even do it :)

Best,
~Hans