[pmwiki-users] Another problem with URLapprove

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sun Jun 19 07:46:34 CDT 2005

I just ran into another "problem" with urlapprove - well, to be
specific with the message that is posted when you are not allowed to
save your changes. Here's what happened:

I was going to add an external link to a wiki page on pmwiki.org that
already had lots of links that weren't approved (which I didn't think
anything of at first). When I then tried saving the page after adding
a single line with an external link I got a message at the top of the
screen saying something "this post was blocked by the administrator".

I got very confused, wondering if I'd password protected this
particular page or something... so I tried creating a new page in the
same group that worked. Then I went back to the original page and
tried to add just a link to another wiki page, which didn't work
either. Finally I approved the links on the page, and could then edit
the page.

So I think the error message needs to be changed... perhaps it could
say something like:

	Your changes were not permitted because they contain to many
	new external links. Please approve the links on the page
	before editing this page further.

Btw, this problem with too many unapproved links on a page that you
try to edit would be even more confusing to someone who is not even trying to add an external link.

/Christian (who hopes he made sense:-)