Cookbook -was [pmwiki-users] PmWiki/DocumentationIndex

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jun 19 13:10:35 CDT 2005

Sunday, June 19, 2005, 6:57:17 PM, Patrick wrote:
> I think the markup for the definition list looks a lot cleaner
> than the table markup, not to mention that what is in the page is
> semantically closer to a list than a table.  :-)

Ahh good. The html looks good too. And if the trail is enabled it will
work very well. We could add bullets if wanted via css I guess.

You convinced me the a table is not a good container for a list.

And if it is written as definition list, there may be various ways of
displaying it, without changing the page content. For instance
displaying the 'definition' only when the mouse goes over the 'term'.
Not that I want this for the cookbook, just thinking...

So how can one visually make it easier to see what definition belongs
to what term? Can alternate rows have a different background, like
ledger paper? Or little dots  TERM  .............. DEFINITION
all controlled via css style?

Best,
~Hans