[pmwiki-users] Re: Reason why pagetoc.php isn't used for Cookbook.Cookbook?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jun 20 23:15:25 CDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 02:53:43AM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> What PmWiki *should* do in such a case is any of the following (in
> ascending order of preference for me):
>
> * Ignore the markup (i.e. display nothing)
> * Output a message saying "if PDF recipe were installed, this would be a
> link to the PDF version of this page".
>
> I'm not sure that the second variant is feasible, but he first certainly
> is: just add a markup that recognises all remaining instances of (:...:)
> and replaces it with an empty string.

And for this reason I think I prefer to keep it as a local customization.
By default I think I prefer to have

   (:incldue Group.SomePage:)

go ahead and display rather than disappearing on its own (and leave the
author to wondering why).  At least if it displays there's a clue that
it's something that PmWiki isn't recognizing.