[pmwiki-users] authuser

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jun 21 13:35:50 CDT 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 08:32:24PM +0200, Dominique Faure wrote:
>    list($i, $c, $r) = explode(':', $x, 3);
>
> Can't we have $r field used for a real author name to use to set {$Author}
> variable?

I suppose, but most htpasswd files don't have this available by default.
There might need to be another mapping.

> And Now for Something Completely Different ;-),
> how about getting htpasswd data from a Site.HtPasswd wiki page?

That sounds, er dangerous.  But I'll implement it if we can come
up with a reasonable spec.

> Also, could we have a crypt() wrapping function in order to allow direct
> use of apache2 htpasswd files?
>
> C:\apache2\bin>htpasswd -bc htusers user_with_md5_password zzz
> C:\apache2\bin>htpasswd -bs htusers user_with_sha_password zzz
> C:\apache2\bin>type htusers
> user_with_md5_password:$apr1$c92.....$0oVL79Q3QfCdMvx3HYUpy/
> user_with_sha_password:{SHA}QPo37ADHYcfbtuve5tSiYLki9fQ=

AFAIK, crypt can already handle md5 encryptions.  I'm not sure about
sha encryptions, though.  At any rate, in writing authuser I had some
ideas for wrapping functions but getting the hooks in place can be a
bit nasty (it's related to the same problem that requires $AuthUser to
be set before the include statement).