[pmwiki-users] groupwide $LinkWikiWords?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 23 09:01:11 CDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 02:52:47PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> I disabled Wiki Word Links ($LinkWikiWords = 0;),
> but I wanted to preserve these for the Pmwiki group.
> So  I created a local/PmWiki.php file and added
>
> <?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
> $LinkWikiWords = 1;
> ?>
>
> but it failed to enable WikiWordLinksin the PmWiki group
>
> Is there another way?

Well, this should've worked, so I'm a bit surprised that it
didn't.  Remember that the 'PmWiki' wikiword is special in
that it's only ever converted once.

OTOH, we're slowly going through the pages in the PmWiki
group and converting WikiWord links into [[...]] links so
that they will continue to work even on sites that have
wikiwords disabled.

Many thanks to Ed W for the outstanding work he's done on
converting these links -- the updates are slowly making their
way into the distribution as I have time to re-review the
pages to make sure they're still correct for the latest
updates.