[pmwiki-users] Input recipe

Christian Schlatter ch at schlatter.net
Sat Jun 25 07:07:28 CDT 2005

Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Christian Schlatter wrote:
>
>> I'd be very interested in having a wiki syntax for HTML forms. But we
>> should not intermix form syntax with script functionality. So we
>> should just have an easy to use syntax which can be used to build all
>> of the HTML form elements (I know this is a difficult task).
>

> Not really - it's been done :-)

hmm, your proposed solution is one way to go (IMHO a good one). On the
other hand, the difference to standard HTML form syntax isn't that big.
So should I learn now yet another form syntax, or should we really look
for a wiki-style form syntax (e.g. [x]).

> I've just finished revisiting both the HTML form syntax and what's
> present on Cookbook.Input.
> Result: I can't think of a more regular and easier-to-use variant that
> preserves the functionality. If you have a better idea, I'd be pleased
> to hear about it :-)
>
>> In order to be independent from specific functionality, there should
>> be a well defined interface between wiki pages with form syntax and
>> scripts using the post/get data from the forms. Maybe a new ?action=
>> parameter could be introduced for that.
>

> It's already present both in Cookbook.Input and Cookbook.Forms, so I'm
> not sure what you actually want to say here.

You're right, I missed that. It would be nice to outline a simple
example incuding form syntax and action handler (without $_SESSION) in
Cookbook.Input.

ChristianS