[Fwd: [Fwd: Re: [pmwiki-users] Re: Urgent HELP regarding PMWIKI - Active Directory]]

Hans design at flutesong.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 01:05:08 CDT 2005

Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 5:05:02 AM, Saran wrote:
> For time being,can you please tell me how i can create a new user in
> PMWIKI.the procedure is enough for me.I have configured PMWIKI ,and i am
> able to open PMWIKI Page from the client side.But when i tried to access
> its asking for Login.I dont know how to create a user in PMWIKI.

Please read http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AuthUser
for pmwiki's new authenticatication module and how to add users and
passwords for authentication.

It also says in the authuser.php script:

    This script enables simple authentication based on username and
    password combinations.  At present this script can authenticate
    from passwords held in arrays or in .htpasswd-formatted files,
    but eventually it will support authentication via sources such
    as LDAP and Active Directory.

So authentication through LDAP and Active Directory is not implemented
yet, but will be in future sometime.

Best,
~Hans