[pmwiki-users] Can't Edit Pages

Josiah Ritchie josiah.ritchie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 11:28:50 CST 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:03:02 -0600, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> Something weird is happening with your $ScriptUrl setting, although
> the edit url is
>
>     http://josiah.ritchietribe.net/pmwiki-2.0.beta23/pmwiki.php?n=Main.HomePage?action=edit
>
> the Edit Page form seems to think that the results should be posted to
>
>     http://josiah.ritchietribe.net/josiah/pmwiki-2.0.beta23/pmwiki.php?n=Main.HomePage?action=edit
>
> Note the extra 'josiah/' at the beginning of the path.  Apparently that
> url is somehow redirecting back to the url without the 'josiah/', but
> a redirected page loses the contents of the form submission so you end
> up with just an 'edit page' form again.
>
> Since PmWiki isn't detecting the correct script url (I suspect your
> system is running PHP as a cgi-bin script and has a weird configuration),
> the solution is to explicitly tell PmWiki what url to use.
> In config.php, set:
>
>   $ScriptUrl = 'http://josiah.ritchietribe.net/pmwiki-2.0.beta23/pmwiki.php';
>
> and PmWiki will use the correct value in its forms and links rather
> than relying on the redirected value.

That did it. Thank you! I had actually set my $ScriptUrl wrong. I'm
not sure how it got to be that, perhaps some residual from the
previous version combined with tired configing. Your expertise is very
much apprectiated.

Now I need to go clean blog spammers junk, as mentioned by Neil, out
of my pages and do the final transition steps.

JSR/